GetYourGuide Pricing over API
This article is about the new feature of GetYourGuide called Price Over API. With this feature, GYG creates a possibility to pull retail prices of products via API from the Booking system. GetYourGuide’s goal is to eliminate manual price updates and minimize booking discrepancies. In this article, we will cover the below point:-
- How does this Price over API feature work?
- How can I enable Price over API?
- Is this feature optional?
- Important Points.
How does this Price Over API feature work?
- Once you enable this feature on your GetYourGuide supplier administrator your retail price of the product will automatically synchronize from your Booking System via API. That means you won’t need to add the price manually to your GYG supplier account.
- Similarly to availability, it is not updated in real-time. It will be updated according to GetYourGuide’s current default frequency of updates.
- For most systems is as follows (it may vary based on different factors, such as errors or booking volume):
Every 8 days we fetch availability (and prices) for the next 365 days
Every 4 days we fetch availability (and prices) for the next 90 days
Every 1 day we fetch availability (and prices) for the next 30 days
Every 4 hours we fetch availability (and prices) for the next 7 days
How can I enable price over API?
Below is the step-by-step procedure to Enable this feature on the GetYourGuide supplier administrator –
Step 1. Login to your GetYourGuide supplier’s account
- Click on the URL https://supplier.getyourguide.com/ to open the supplier GetYourGuide page.
- Click on the Login link on the top right of the page to open the supplier GetYourGuide login page, Now use your GetYourGuide account Email ID to log in.
Step 2. Open manage products page
To open the Manage Products page you need to hover the mouse arrow over the Products tab and click on the Manage Products option from the dropdown.
Step 3. Open the required product
Click on the required Product whose price you want to Pull/Sync from your Booking system.
Step 4. Click on the Edit link.
Under the Setup tab, You will notice two sections Product & Options. In the Options section, You need to click on the Edit link which is in front of Connectivity Settings/Connected via.
Step 5. Need to select Availability and Price.
- Once you click on the Edit link, You will be redirected to the Pricing page.
- Here you can select what you want to pull automatically from Booking System Availability and Price Or Availability only.
- Under the question “What do you want to configure automatically”? you need to select Availability and Price to sync both from your booking system.
- Once you select Availability and Price options a Pop-up message will appear on which you will be prompted to confirm that any manually configured price configurations on GYG will be deleted.
- Then you need to click on the button Delete all existing priced configurations.
- After that, you need to click on Add new pricing and create a pricing configuration with categories identical to the ones in your reservation system.
- Then Click on the Save price configuration button.
Lastly, Click Save to validate and save your settings. A success message will appear if the connection was established successfully.
Is this feature optional?
- Yes, This is an optional feature and GetYourGuide provides you the possibility to use it as per your requirement.
- You can configure what you want automatically. Only Availability OR Both Availability and Price.
- This feature supports ticket categories, including Adult, Child, Youth, Infant, Senior, Student, EU Citizen, Military, EU Citizen, and Student.
- For Group products, Add-ons, Tiered (Scaled) Pricing are not supported by this feature.
- Price over API is configured to accept retail rates only.
- You must have pricing for all available time slots in the next 365 days in your reservation system. If there is a time slot with available vacancies and no price assigned, the slot will not be made bookable on GetYourGuide.
- Prices provided by your reservation system must be in the same currency as the currency you have selected in GetYourGuide Supplier Administration.
- The price received over API will override any price manually configured in GetYourGuide Supplier Administration.
Click on the below link to read the GYG article about Price over API