How to Map the Activities on ExperienceBank – GetYourGuide
This step-by-step article describes how to do the mapping for GetYourGuide on ExperienceBank.
- Set-up your account on Marketplace (GetYourGuide)
- Login to ExperienceBank
- Enabling GetYourGuide Marketplace on ExperienceBank
- Enter GetYourGuide Supplier Code on ExperienceBank
- Request a CSV file from Marketplace (GetYourGuide)
- Importing GetYourGuide product CSV file to ExperienceBank for the first time
- How to map the Activities on ExperienceBank
Step 1. Set-up your account on Marketplace (GetYourGuide)
You need to set up your account and upload your products on GetYourGuide with the help of your GetYourGuide Account Manager. If you already have an account with GetYourGuide and products are already set up, please continue to Step 2.
To share your Activities with GetYourGuide, you first need a GYG supplier contract and account. This is where you have to agree to their terms and conditions as well as negotiate a commission. ExperienceBank is not involved in this process, nor do we have any influence over their final decision.
To apply to GetYourGuide please visit this page: https://supplier.getyourguide.com/en/register
Step 2. Login to ExperienceBank
Click on this URL https://app.experiencebank.io/ to open the login page of ExperienceBank.
Now, use your supplier contact Email ID to login (In case, you forgot 🤔 the password, you can click on the Forgot password link to retrieve your password).
Note – For the login email ID & password of ExperienceBank, you have to contact your booking system.
“Cheers 😃 After the successful login, now you’ll be redirected to the ExperienceBank dashboard”👇
Note: – ExperienceBank Account created automatically by your Booking System. This will depend on the Booking system structure, whether they will create your ExperienceBank account through API OR Manually.
Step 3. Enabling GetYourGuide Marketplace on ExperienceBank
- Choose Marketplace in the sidebar menu
- Search for the “GetYourGuide” square
- Click ENABLE
Step 4. Enter GetYourGuide Supplier Code on ExperienceBank
You will get the GetYourGuide Supplier Code from your GetYourGuide Self-mapping tool. Please see the below-attached video for your reference.
Url of GetYourGuide Self-mapping tool https://supplier.getyourguide.com/
Once you will get the GetYourGuide supplier code you need to enter it on the box under Setp1. and click on the Next button.
Note: I entered some random digits (code) for Demo purposes only.
Step 5. Request a CSV file from Marketplace (GetYourGuide)
To request a GetYourGuide CSV file you need to click on the |Request OTA CSV| link under Step 2.
Once you click on that link, We will send an email to GetYourGuide containing the Supplier id that you entered on the first step.
After that GetYourGuide will provide a CSV file with products that can be imported afterward. You also will be added to cc in this email.
Note: Whenever you add a New Activity & New Option on your marketplace you need to request an updated CSV file from your marketplace (GetYourGuide) and import it on ExperienceBank.
What does the GetYourGuide CSV file look like?
Note: While uploading the CSV file on ExperienceBank if you got an error that is “Invalid CSV file format”
Step 6. Import GetYourGuide product CSV file to ExperienceBank for the first time
To upload the GetYourGuide CSV file on ExperienceBank you need to click on the |Import OTA CSV| link.
After clicking on the link, a window will appear where you can browse the relevant CSV file and select it, then click the Ope button to upload the CSV file on ExperienceBank.
When the CSV file products were perfectly uploaded on the ExperineceBank there is a short Pop up message that appears on the top right corner.
✌ “Success Product will upload successfully”
When you upload the CSV file for the first time, you will see this dialogue box
If you have several accounts on your Booking system and you want to connect it with one GetYourGuide account, then click on the YES button. But if you have only one account on your Booking system then click on the NO button.
Cheers 😃 All unmapped products appear in Orange and are now ready for mapping 👇
Step 7. How to map the activities on ExperienceBank
There are three simple steps for the Mapping of Activities:
1. Map the relevant Activities
- Find the product you would like to map ‘Amusement Park’ in the example below and click on CONFIGURE.
- Click on the dropdown under the Connect Your Activities option.
- In this dropdown, you will find a list of Activities from your booking system and you need to map these with the relevant Activity of your GetYourGuide.
- Select the desired Activity (“Amusement Park” in the example below) you wish to map.
- Click on the CONTINUE button.
🗒 Hint: You can also map several activities of your booking system to one marketplace activity.
2. Map the Option
- Click on the Option [Amusement Park #TGYGA3O1 ‘Option’ in the example below] under ‘Connect Your Options’.
- Then click on the “Click here to start mapping” under Step 1: Map Option.
- Click on the + button on the right side under Available for mapping options.
- Lastly, click on the SAVE button
- If you want to map the Ticket Category manually Please, see [Step 3 Map the Ticket Category ]
3. Map the Ticket category
To make your mapping faster and easier we applied the auto-mapping feature on the Ticket Category. That’s why we put an Auto Mapping button which is used to On/Off the auto mapping feature for Ticket Category.
How to map the Ticket Category manually-
I upload a GIF image that will tell you how to map the Ticket category if the auto mapping feature doesn’t work for you. For Example, #Adult will be a map with Adult type, #Child will be a map with Child type, etc.
- Click on the Adult Ticket category under Step 2: Map Ticket Categories.
- Click on the + button on the right side under Available for mapping ticket categories.
- Click on the SAVE button.
- Then repeat the above three steps for the remaining Ticket Categories,
Note – To run the auto-mapping feature of the Ticket category correctly, please create the same name for the Ticket types on both ends (For Example Adult, Child, Infant, Senior, Student, etc)
After completing the mapping on ExperienceBank, you will also have to complete the mapping on the GetYourGuide Self Mapping Tool. Please click on a link to visit – How to do the mapping on the GetYourGuide Self-Mapping tool.
Availability synchronization Frequency on GetYourGuide
- Once a day fetching 90 days availability in advance.
- Once a week fetching 365 days availability in advance.
- Whenever you update a new Option/schedule to an active schedule on your Booking system you need to map it on ExperienceBank.
- Whenever you update a new Pricing category on your Booking system you need to map it on ExperienceBank.